December 09, 2011

Holiday Decorating Essentials

Inspiration Workshop prompt: Holiday Decorations

Every year I decorate the house for my family. Since I do it by myself, I like to keep things simple so that the setup and break down is quick and easy.

For the Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop I thought I would share my holiday decorating essentials.
  • Candles. Lots of candles.

ACM-8a
Source: A Creative Mint

I love using tealight candles in small votives and placing them all around the house.
Every New Year's Eve just before midnight I light all the candles in the house and  turn all the lights off and we open the New Year by candle light. It's absolutely stunning.

  •  Glass jars filled with ornaments.

Christmas Ball Decorations
Source: Better Homes and Gardens

Even though we don't decorate a Christmas tree, I still love using ornaments. Ornaments for me screams Merry Christmas. I love all the different colors and sizes they come in.

  • Garland


Source: Martha Stewart
 
I love to hang garland over our fireplaces. It makes it pop and look so special.
I also use strings of pearl garland to decorate our coffee table.

  • Tablecloth
 Pinned Image
Source: Anthropologie
 
A beautiful tablecloth just brings everything together in such a special way. I really like this one. It's not very holiday, but I love the rich blue behind that green. It's a nice contrast against all the decorations.

  • Christmas Wreath

Top things off with beautiful wreaths. One for inside.


Source: Martha Stewart

The other for the front door.


Source: Martha Stewart

Happy Decorating Everyone!

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Blog Archive