January 06, 2012

365 Continues

I'm continuing on with 365 days of His word. Last year I posted about joining fellow bloggers in reading the Bible everyday for an entire year. On January 1 my year began again. I'm now in my third year of reading the Bible everyday.

To switch things up a bit, instead of reading the New International Version (NIV), I'm reading the New King James Version (NKJV).

The Love of God
(Justin Lowery Flickr)

It's amazing how God speaks to us through His word.
Here are the scriptures that have stood out to me since I started.

January 1
And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. Genesis 2:25(NKJV)

"With the fall entered shame. Don't let shame get in the way of what God wants to do in and through you."

January 2
And He said to them, "Why did you seek me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?" Luke 2:49 (NKJV)

"How better our lives would be if we, like Jesus, made God's business our business instead of making the world's business our business."

January 3
Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli.
Luke 3:23 (NKJV)

"I love reading the genealogy of Jesus. Seeing how many generations it took to help bring Jesus Christ into the world is amazing. It makes me think of my own genealogy and all the generations it took to bring me into the world. It makes me realize how important I am to God. That He would have so many people go before me so that I could be here today."

January 4
Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time. Luke 4:13 (NKJV)

"Reading the word of God daily is a necessity in order to stay strong spiritually. It is the only thing that will keep you strong and focused when the devil decides to come around again."

January 5
But Simon answered and said to Him, "Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at your word I will let down the net" Luke 5:5 (NKJV)

"God's plan for our lives is specific and perfect. When He tells us to do something, let's just do it and not complain and ask why."

January 6
Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. And when it was day, He called His disciples to Himself; and from them He chose twelve whom He also named apostles:... Judas the son of James and Judas Iscariot who also became a traitor. Luke 6:12-13;16(NKJV)

"God prepared Jesus for everything leading up to Judas Iscariot betraying Him. God also prepares us for everything that is to come in our own lives."

My Reading Plan Here





Photobucket

Blog Archive