January 13, 2012

Inspiration Notebook

One of the things that I do to help me stay creative and inspired is I make inspiration notebooks. Inspiration notebooks are filled with magazine clippings, catalog pages, articles, post cards, business cards, flyer's, paint colors, fabric swatches, recipes, lists of ideas I have, anything that I like, love, find interesting, inspiring and beautiful.

When I was younger I spent hours upon hours creating inspiration notebooks and posters. I loved looking through piles of magazines and ripping out pages. To this day I have a plastic bin filled with magazine clippings.


For a while I stopped creating notebooks, but I've started doing it again. I kind of forgot how much I enjoyed doing it. It really does help me stay creative and they really do help when I'm in need of a burst of inspiration.

Recently I started a new notebook, so I thought I would share it with you.

Made out of a composition notebook.


I love this hand written receipt from French General. It's a cute and unique store.


Love this color story.

I love going to Home Depot's paint aisle and picking up paint swatches. It's one of my favorite things to do.
Field Trip!

Staying fed daily on the word of God really helps me to stay creative.


Blog Archive