January 20, 2012

Self Talk

I’ve come to realize that I need to be kinder to myself. The way I speak to myself at times needs to change. All the self doubt talk needs to come to an end. It isn’t nice and it certainly does not bring glory and honor to the name of God.

I’ve been doubting my creative abilities and shying away from letting people know that I am an artist. Just calling myself creative and an artist makes me a little nervous. There is a certain perception of artists that I don't fit into. 


For awhile now I’ve been toying with the thought of adding a little bit more about myself in terms of what I do and what interests me. I’ve seen other bloggers list these things at the side of their blogs and wanted to do the same. This is where the self doubt talk comes in. I think to myself why do you want to do that? They are good at what they do. Yes you take pictures but you're not the best photographer. Yes you draw but… Yes you studied dance but… Yes you design but… All these buts.

Finally I had to tell myself it’s not about being the best. It’s about doing my best and being my best for God. When I am "butting" myself I am doing none of those things. When I’m not claiming all that God has blessed me with I am not honoring Him. Everything I do is for and about Him and at the end of the day that is all that truly matters.

Today I’m letting go of the nerves and shyness and owning up to the fact that I am an artist. I will no longer pressure myself to live up to an expectation that doesn’t even exist. I will not shy away from listing who I am and what I do.


 

I am creative because The Holy Spirit lives in me.

I am Ti Madame.


I am a child of The Most High God.


I am an Artist.



I am a Designer.



I am a Photographer.




I am a Dancer.

I am a Writer.

To God be the glory.

Blog Archive