May 04, 2012

Faith Over Fear: What Blogging Has Taught Me

Today is exactly six months since I began blogging. I have to say blogging has been quite the journey. When I first began I was so nervous because I had no idea what to expect. Blogging for me was stepping into the unknown of social media, a place I tried to avoid for as long as I could. Then one day something strange happened. Ever so softly I heard His voice deep within my spirit say "You should start a blog".

To say that's all it took would be an understatement. I went back and forth with what I knew I heard. I questioned it, I debated it and I questioned it some more, but I knew I had to be obedient. So in true me fashion, I began researching what it was like to blog and how to blog. I thought there was some blueprint I had to go by. As you can see I like structure.
Every day.

And here's how the journey began. As I read post after post and looked around  blogs I quickly realized there was no blueprint for a blog. At least the type of blog I wanted to write. I knew from the start I didn't want to post anything just for the sake of posting. Every post had to have meaning and purpose. It had to come from a pure heart. And that's exactly what I've been doing from day one. Every post I write is stemmed from a thought, a word or a vision God has laid on my heart. Each post is truly fresh manna God has given me for that particular week.

Blogging has shown me that I need The Father, Son and Holy Spirit all day, everyday in all that I do. Blogging has taught me trust. Trust that God will lay something on my heart for me to write about. At the begining of each week I have no idea what I'm going to post. But I don't worry because I trust God has a word for me and He always does.





Blog Archive